Biological Control of Invasive Buckthorn
LALCIDE CHONDRO is a naturally occurring fungus that suppresses regrowth and regeneration of common and glossy buckthorn.
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
LALCIDE CHONDRO is the only effective bioherbicide for buckthorn control, and is particularly useful in areas where chemical herbicides are not preferred or permitted. The active ingredient, Chondrostereum purpureum (Cp), is a fungus that releases an enzyme that disrupts foliar cell arrangement, resulting in Silver Leaf Disease, and ultimately contributes to stem mortality.
- Biological solution for buckthorn management
- Controls regrowth from cut or girdled stems
- Only one application per stem is required
- Minimal risk to applicator health and safety
- Minimum PPE requirements
- Easy-to-use squeeze-bottle application
1 x 105 to 1 x 107 CFU/kg of Chondrostereum purpureum Strain PFC2139