A safe and reliable means of protecting your crops against pathogens
Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, MYCOSTOP is a preventative product that thrives in the rhizosphere for several weeks and provides effective control on a wide range of pathogens including damping-off caused by various fungi, such as Alternaria and Rhizoctonia solani; and wilt and root diseases caused by Fusarium, Phytophthora and Pythium. When applied as a drench or spray, the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in MYCOSTOP germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant root system. This creates a biological defense against seed and soil-borne pathogens.
* Not all products are available in all markets nor associated claims allowed in all regions.
MYCOSTOP provides effective control on a wide range of pathogens including:
- Damping-off caused by various fungi, such as Alternaria and Rhizoctonia solani; and
- Wilt and root diseases caused by Fusarium, Phytophthora and Pythium.
Mode of Action
- Competition: Deprives pathogenic fungi of space and nourishment by colonizing the plant roots
- Hyperparasitism: Produces enzymes, which disrupts the cell walls of pathogens
- Metabolites: Inhibits plant pathogens
Applied as an aqueous suspension via:
- Growing media treatment
- Drip irrigation
- Drench or sprayed onto the growing medium
- Dry seed treatment
- Bulb and cutting dip
Compatibility: Compatible with many chemical pesticides. For more details, ask your distributor.
- Effective against a wide range of seed and soil-borne pathogens
- Compatible with most chemical pesticides for use in an Integrated Pest Management program
- Growth promotion
- No residues on edible crops
- Effective in organic and inorganic growing mediums
Contains a minimum of 5 X 108 cfu/g of Streptomyces sp. Strain K61